Saturday, April 2, 2011

An evening at Big Ben.

This week we got to visit with Member of Parliament Dave Rutley. 
He so eloquently talked of his political campaign, his governmental duties, and his position as the only LDS member in the House. I found it all very fascinating. It also helped that he looked like George Clooney, with a charming British accent. Because let's be honest, who wouldn't be transfixed?




Then he dropped the enlightened bomb that was exactly what I needed to hear. 


These are the years that define the rest of your life. 
Set a big goal now--a goal that you don't even think is possible. But just set it. 


‎"You will make all kinds of mistakes; but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her. The world was meant to be wooed and won by youth."   -Winston Churchill


Granted, this quote did come from the same man that also famously said, "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly"......but let's try and disregard that fact.



Big goal. Woo & win the world. (I loved that personification.) 


With your blessing Churchill & Rutley, I think I will. I'm not crazy. Thank you.

No comments: