Friday, February 4, 2011

you [can't] call me Di.

Have you ever been to afternoon (herbal) tea?

Well I have. It was quite the event. I got all dressed up in my fancies for my inauguration at Kensington Palace (that's Princess Diana's old abode for you non-familiars). I was on my best behavior so I wouldn't disappoint her in the spirit world.



I mean, I really tried to bring on my inner Di. I even did the raised pinky (not shown, obviously), which is kind of a big deal for me since I have a thing about hands. Don't ask. But I totally do.

Anyways, it turns out there is a glitch with the little finger shananigans (I knew I didn't like it) when trying to balance a full cup of tea....it defies the laws of gravity. I quite honestly spilled my tea everywhere and had to use the plates from my scone and lovely pastries, the jam dish, and sugar packets to create an artistic pattern of sorts to disguise the wet mess.....then I got out of there real fast. I'm sorry Di, I really am.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

So funny Hay. I am trying to picture that pinkie. I want to go for High Tea too!

Trent & Brooke said...

you are the cutest! love your London adventures and so wish trent and i could come rent a flat for a month and be with you! what a lovely place it is. and what a lovely lady you are (even though you spilled your tea;)